To become a member of Mutual Savings Credit Union, simply open a Share Savings Account with a $5 minimum deposit. Complete and return a membership application to start your own Credit Union account.
Important Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law, under the Patriot Act, requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you is that when you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also ask to see your driver's license and/or any other forms of identification.
The following is a list of acceptable photo identification:
- Unexpired state issued driver's license
- Military identification card
- State issued non-driver photo ID
- Immigration card
- Government issued identification
- Student identification
Individuals opening accounts for minor children will have to provide identification for themselves and a social security number for the minor child.
Membership Application Instructions
- Complete all boxes in the Member Information section. List a reference name that will be someone who will always know your location. If designating a joint owner be sure their information is complete.
- Attach a clear copy of a government issued ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc.) for yourself and any persons that will be joint on your accounts if application is mailed. If you bring your application into the Branch, we can scan your ID onto your account for positive identification every time you access your accounts.
- Attach $5.00 cash, check, or money order made payable to yourself. This is your membership pledge that is used to open your Primary Shares account. All members begin with a Primary Shares account and we can add checking or other accounts from there.
- Application must be signed and dated by primary and joint members.
- Only original applications can be accepted. Sorry we cannot accept faxes, copies, or emailed applications as specified by the USA Patriot Act.
Thank you and Welcome to Mutual Savings Credit Union
By US Postal Service: Mutual Savings Credit Union
10 Peachtree Place
Atlanta, GA 30309
Attn: New Accounts
By SCG Inter-Office Mail: Mutual Savings Credit Union
Location Code - 1141