When you become a member of the credit union a savings account is opened in your name. An initial deposit of $5.00 is required. All members must maintain a $5.00 balance in their savings account to remain a member, and demonstrate regular activity in their account to keep it open.
Other features of Regular Savings include:
- A competitive interest rate paid quarterly on the average daily balance in your savings account. Click here for current rate information.
- Withdrawals: To withdraw money from your savings account, simply stop MSCU or go to a Shared Service Center. Members may make up to six savings withdrawals per month free of charge. After six withdrawals in one month an excessive withdrawal fee may occur.
- 24 hour account access via Home Banking and Audio Response
- Quarterly statements by mail or eStatements
- Payroll deduction: You may have deposits to your savings account deducted directly from your paycheck.