When you become a member of the credit union a savings account is opened in your name. An initial deposit of $5.00 is required. All members must maintain a $5.00 balance in their savings account to remain a member, and demonstrate regular activity in their account to keep it open.
Other features of Regular Savings include:
- A competitive interest rate paid quarterly on the average daily balance in your savings account. Click here for current rate information.
- Withdrawals: To withdraw money from your savings account, simply stop MSCU or go to a Shared Service Center. Members may make up to six savings withdrawals per month free of charge. After six withdrawals in one month an excessive withdrawal fee may occur.
- 24 hour account access via Home Banking and Audio Response
- Quarterly statements by mail or eStatements
- Payroll deduction: You may have deposits to your savings account deducted directly from your paycheck.
If you have any other questions about regular savings accounts at MSCU, contact us. Click here for the savings calculator.